Friday, November 19, 2010

Conversational Grammar Quiz 1

Fill in the blanks with the correct word:


  1. “Can I have a birthday party?”-- “You ... ask your father.”
  2. need
    have toought
    must to

  3. “Are you going to paint your room by yourself?”--“No, I'll ... my brother to help me.”
  4. make
    put
    get
    do

  5. “We've been driving since this morning.”--“We'll stop ... something to eat in the next town.”
  6. have
    having
    to have
    to be having

  7. “Why are you back so soon?”--“Nobody ... at the playground, so I left.”
  8. wasn't
    were
    weren't
    was

  9. “Which boy is your son?”--“He's the one ... the guitar.”
  10. who play
    playing
    he's playing
    is playing

  11. I really hate ... when people interrupt me.
  12. it
    these
    those
    if

  13. I wish I ... told Kim about it. Now she's upset.
  14. wouldn't
    didn't
    hadn't
    haven't

  15. What did you say ... for her birthday?
  16. wants Kelly
    does Kelly want
    did Kelly want
    Kelly wants

  17. “Do you like Chinese food?”--“Yes, but I prefer Japanese ... Chinese.”
  18. than
    to
    from
    rather


  19. ... the firefighters arrived, the building was already in flames.
  20. By when
    Until the time
    As soon as
    By the time


1 comment:

  1. Post here your scores, questions you got wrong or hesitated about, comments or questions you may have. Let me know if you need explanations for any of the questions in the quiz.

    ReplyDelete